Impact Player rule in dream11, IPL 2023 Impact Sub, Impact player rule 2023, What is the meaning of impact player rule, Impact Player rule explained, Impact player rule for a foreign player, Impact player rule IPL
In India, cricket is the most popular sport and IPL 2023 has given wings to it. IPL is not only responsible for it, but many cricket fantasy applications also spread the excitement of cricket in the country.
In this article, we would know about the impact player rule and how this rule affects fantasy players while making a team on dream11. This rule not only increases the competition on the fantasy apps but also this rule will pour a large amount of money into the pockets of fantasy app companies.
What is the meaning of the impact player rule?
This is the brand-new rule for the IPL 2023 season also known as the Impact Sub rule. In this rule, the captain of both teams can substitute any one Indian player with the player announced in the playing11.
Example – In the first IPL 2023 match played between Gujarat and CSK, after Kane Williamson gets out of the stadium due to injury, Sai Sudarsan has taken his place and comes into batting. In the CSK, Tushar Deshpande replaces Ambati Rayudu by the impact player rule.
But why was this rule brought into this IPL season?
The following reason can explain it well:
- If you look at the conditions of the players, most of the players are not fit and suffer from injury. This rule allows the team’s captain to utilize the player as per the condition.
- If in the ongoing match, any player gets injured, then by this rule any new player can replace the injured player.
- This rule will encourage giving more chances to the new players by replacing the experienced players as per the requirement.
- The captain can only use 1 player as an impact player and that too after 10 overs.
Impact Player rule in IPL 2023 explained.
Captains will have to carry two lists of playing11 depending upon bowling and batting decisions. The captains of both teams are required to provide the list of playing11 players after the toss (again a new rule).
Along with the list of playing11, they have to mention the name of 4 players that they are willing to use during the match.
Impact Player rule in dream11
- This rule poses a lot of problems for fantasy players. The permutation and combination had increased significantly for making teams on fantasy apps. Now, fantasy players have a lot of options on the fantasy apps and they have to make a guess on the impact player.
- Some cricket fantasy apps like dream11 (updated version) provide you with the list of announced players as well as a list of impact players. You have to make certain assumptions while choosing the impact player.
- The impact player rule in dream11 also poses one more problem – (Supposing you are making 1 team), since you know that out of 4 announced impact players one player can replace some existing player but what are the chances that out of 4 players, you have chosen the correct impact player?
- The probability of choosing the correct impact player out of 4 announced players is only 25% if you are making one team on dream11.
- But to understand the Impact Player rule in dream11, it is also a brainstorming exercise.
- Example – If A player gets replaced/substituted by a B player on dream11 and if you have chosen the B player i.e., impact player then, you will get the points of B player but if you have chosen the A player then whatever point A player had given, it will remain in your fantasy team as it is and gets summed up in the total point.
- With the above points, you can understand the all bout the impact player rule in dream11.
Impact player rule for a foreign player
In the case of overseas players, they can only become impact players if there are only three overseas players announced in the playing11.
With the addition of this rule, it will put on a lot of problems to fantasy players, while making a team on dream11 or any other fantasy app. You can only win in fantasy sports if you make a lot of teams.